Your mouth says a lot about you! Having good dental hygiene can help prevent cavities, tooth decay, gum disease and other oral health problems. Regular visits to the dentist do much more than maintain the health of your teeth, they also tell dentists about your overall health and whether or not you are at risk for chronic disease. Studies are now showing that oral health impacts a person’s physical health. The Academy of General Dentistry has proven that there is a relationship between gum disease and health problems like heart disease and stroke.  Many medical diseases show symptoms inside the mouth, including: swollen gums, dry mouth and mouth ulcers.
At AxessPointe, our dentists, hygienists and dental assistants team up to treat your oral health needs. Our dental services are available at our Arlington, Barberton and Kent locations. Call 888.975.9188 and schedule your appointment!
TIPS FOR GOOD ORAL HEALTH
Luckily, having good oral health is something that can easily be done at home. The following tips are great ways to encourage good oral health practices for you and your family:
• Brush your teeth two times a day
• Remember to floss daily to remove what a toothbrush cannot
• Use a mouthwash that has ingredients that kill bacteria and maintain good breath
• Eat a healthy diet and avoid drinks that are high in sugar (soda, tea, coffee, alcohol)
• Avoid using tobacco products
• Schedule regular dental checkups