AxessPointe Pharmacy Services
- Affordable Prescription Programs
- Chronic Disease Management For Diabetes, Asthma And Heart Disease’
- Discounted Diabetic Supplies
- Discounted Over-The-Counter Medications
- Enrollment In Patient Assistance Programs*
- Medication Delivery*
- Medication Synchronization
- Medication Therapy Management
- Medicare Part D assistance*
- Pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP) to help prevent HIV
- Text Message Communications*
- Vaccinations, Including Flu And Shingles Vaccines*
*Restrictions apply. Talk with our staff for more information.
The AxessPointe Difference
At AxessPointe, we do our best to make health care simple, including going to the pharmacy. We have included pharmaceutical care into our practice, which allows our pharmacists to be in direct contact with your doctor. This unique relationship allows both the pharmacist and the doctor to have access to medical records and lab work. By doing so, we can make sure that you are on the most appropriate, safe, cost-effective and convenient medication.
The AxessPointe Pharmacy utilizes the 340B program, which is a federal program that allows us to offer discounted prescriptions to eligible patients. If you have prescription insurance coverage, you pay the same price as usual, but your purchase will contribute to the 340B program to help our patients without health insurance.
The pharmacy services are available at all of our health centers, with our AxessPointe Pharmacy located within our Arlington, Barberton, and Kent sites. To talk with a pharmacist or for more information, call 330.785.2054.
AxessPointe is pleased to offer specialty pharmacy services for our patients. These services help patients that use specialty medications. Specialty medications are types of medications that may need certain instructions on how to use them. They may also need more check-ins with a healthcare professional to make sure the medication is safe and effective for you. With AxessPointe’s Specialty Pharmacy, you will have a pharmacist personally check in with you to make sure your medication is working for you, you aren’t having any side effects from the medication, and you are able to use the medication correctly. Our specialty pharmacy will work with your insurance company to make sure you receive your medication consistently without issues. To talk to a pharmacist for more information, please call 330-564-2388.
Medication Therapy Management (MTM)
Medication Therapy Management helps patients with chronic illnesses, or patients using multiple medications, to ensure they get the most benefit from their medications. In order for prescriptions to work correctly, it is important to take them according to the directions on the label. Unfortunately, medications are getting more complicated and many people need several different medications to improve their health. MTM is more than the traditional counseling you receive when you pick up a new prescription. Our specially-trained clinical pharmacists will meet with you one-on-one. They will review your health status and all of your medications (prescription, over-the-counter, herbal and nutritional). The clinical pharmacist will discuss any problems with you and pass that information along to your doctor. Our team can help you better manage many of your chronic diseases, such as: diabetes, pain, asthma and COPD. We also provide warfarin management services and spirometry tests (lung tests).
During MTM Visit, The Pharmacist Will:
- Address any questions or concerns you have about your medications
- Double check that your medications are current with the latest national guidelines
- Make sure that you continue to receive the most effective and convenient medications
- Confirm that you are taking the right amount of medicine at the right time
- Help you avoid negative drug interactions or side effects
- Help you find ways to save on your medications without affecting the quality of your care
- Provide you with necessary information about your medications and disease states
- Make sure that your medications are listed accurately in our electronic medical records
- Provide you with a complete list of all your medications for you to share with other health care providers or use as a medication diary