Welcome to the AxessPointe Community Health Center website!
In 1995, Akron Community Health Resources, INC became the first Community Health Center in Summit and Portage County. Through the years,
- our number of sites have expanded to 3 sites (Akron, Kent, & Barberton)
- our services have expanded to include dental and diabetes education
- our provider numbers have increased to 5 Physicians, 7 Nurse Practitioners, 3 Dentists, and 2 Dental Hygienists
During the last decade our services have increasingly become more patient centered and quality focused, resulting in improved patient health outcomes. We now partner with more community agencies than ever to improve the ability of our patients to receive all the services available in our region to assist them in achieving their health goals.
Public Health Observances for February
• AMD/Low Vision Awareness Month
• American Heart Month
• International Prenatal Infection Prevention Month
• National Children’s Dental Health Month
• Teen Dating Violence Awareness Month
• 1 – 7 African Heritage & Health Week
• 7 – 14 Congenital Heart Defect Awareness Week
• 7 Give Kids A Smile® Day
• 7 National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day
• 7 National Wear Red Day
• 14 National Donor Day
Now we have a new focus:
To help you obtain healthcare and understand the process of how to enroll in “Obamacare”. Please call our office today to get assistance (Phone: 888-975-9188).
Or click on this link to enter directly into the government’s healthcare website:
Our goal is to be your access point to improved wellness and optimal health. Our health team is available to help you become a healthier you, a person positioned to enjoy a life balanced with well-being and vitality.
Welcome to the AxessPointe and the healthier you!
Kris Drummond, DDS, MPH